You Are Guest Number:

Friday, May 30, 2008

Life Alone In The Desert

Soon after settling well in the desert apartment, my hubby have to go over to Cold Lake to work for 2 weeks.. omg.. I have to be brave, learn to live alone in this stranger place..Sleep alone at night..eat my meals without hubby everyday.
The night before hubby went to Cold Lake, I was not feeling well..dunno why, my head suddenly become very dizzy..den I vomit and my head was in pain throughout the night. Till morning, my head is still dizzy..but hubby got to leave me. After he left, I was lying on bed..feel so helpless..can only hope I will be not feeling worst..or else..I dunno where to go and see doctor..haiz..But, the very first hour hubby left home to report at work, I got a call from Eunice. She said..very bored..what to do! Haha..we have the same feeling. Though I'm still feeling dizzy but we decide to drive to Michaels and then Ross. However, due to the driving the day before, I think I had better have more practice with my hubby around before I drive on my own. So, we got Juliet to drive us out. She is also like me..just got license. Nevertheless, we drove to and fro safely. Den at night time, hubby came online and chat with me for awhile. Felt relieve to hear from him. But Cold Lake was really cold..unlike the desert..Time to sleep..but first time to sleep in this apartment all by myself. I just can't fall asleep. I miss my hubby.. I'm kinda scared..but I still got to learn to be independent. Finally at 5am..the sun rose..then I can fall asleep soundly. That's how the first day ends. But..there's still 14 days to go.

On the second day, again, Eunice, Juliet and me meet up to have dinner together. We cook spaghetti..haha..Yummy..

On the forth day, we drove out again. We went to the mart and get ourselves a board game -> The Game Of Life. Anxiously on the next day, we meet up and learn how to play the game. It's so interesting. But.. I'm always the loser. After all, Eunice is the grand winner.. who had the most $$$. You go girl!!

It had been 4 days since hubby contacted me. No calls..no sms. Wondering how is he. Really miss him very badly. Finally, hubby came online and chat with me. Guess I miss him too much, tears were rolling down as I chat with him. After finish chatting with hubby, I felt even more sad. Again, it's late at night but I just can't fall asleep. So, I decide to call one of my buddy, Zhiwei to chat. BUT, after i called him, he told me he just reach Taipei! Oh my.. how I miss Taiwan.. all the nice snacks.. Oh shit..feeling even more sad. Not to waste his phone bills, I end the line real fast. Next, I call my good sister, Dixon..(hehe..dun scold me hor) and oh..I was disturbing him. He's preparing himself for his exam later on. Not to disrupt him, I wish him luck and end the call. Haiz..this moment I'm thinking -> Everybody has a goal in life to be busy with. And what's mine? Am I gonna waste my 2 years in desert just doing nothing? Oh....

Time passes by..and today is the 7th day! Oh.. 1 more week to go..hehe..Last night, I received the call from my dear hubby..and we chatted for awhile..unknowingly, tears came rolling down again. Still remember the last time when hubby went to Australia soon after our wedding, I dun feel as lonely as now and I dun cry whenever he call me..Maybe because there's my family and good friends accompany me ba..where else here.. I'm alone.. Feel so bored and lonely..
A week had pass and I had not eaten any rice for my meals! So, today we decided to cook dinner together. We had a very very sumptuous dinner. There's oyster baby bak choy, Chinese sausage with egg, bake beans and most important..Ginseng chicken soup..oh ya..and there's baked potatoes. SOOO FULL!!! omg..like go hungry for 1 week den eat at one go..wahaha..

Another day had passed..and today is Saturday..a day we should go shopping..so..Eunice, Juliet and me decide to go out nearby. First we went to Wall Mart..den again we go to Michaels. Wow..we spend 2hrs+ there..so many DIY stuff that attracts us..and there's 50% sale..think we got to keep going for the rest of the week..haha.. simply irresistible. After shopping, we walk the way down to Applebees. We had a sumptuous dinner again. After finishing our dinner, it's about 9.30pm..as we walk back to our car after dinner, suddenly I felt scared. 3 gals wondering on the street at so late..without a guy around.. I really wish very badly that hubby is just right beside me. Be there to hold my hands and I will feel safer. Think we will not dare to stay out late by ourselves again.. haha..Just nice when I reach home, Hubby is online. He was shocked when he knew we went out till so late..haha..den I told hubby that I was very scare..unknowingly, I started crying again..Oh..since when I become such a crybaby?! Haiz..

Wow! It's Monday..start of a new week again..and that means..It's getting nearer to the time I can hug my hubby! Yeah!! Well..today seems so easy to past..I had a very relaxing day with Eunice and Juliet..Guess what have we done! haha.. We actually intend to do some workout at the gym room..but..it was closed. So sad!..So, we decide to change our program to Swimming! Oh..the weather was just nice..Not too hot..not too cold..and we have a Jacuzzi with hot water..woah..it's so relaxing inside..After the Jacuzzi (as we get too hot), we move to the swimming pools..swim awhile and just chat while relaxing ourselves in the pool. After we had enough of "soaking", we den proceed to lie on the chairs for some sun tanning. What a nice feeling..lying under the hot sun but having cool breeze blowing by..wa..really enjoying my life like a Tai Tai..wahaha..

Oh! It's Wednesday...I can see my hubby in 3 more days..wahaha..Yesterday, Eunice and Juliet came over my house. We baked some delicious muffins..and again, we cooked our dinner together..This time, it's even more sumptuous. We have fried fish fillet, radish soup and.....bake BBQ buffalo wings!! Oh my.. it's so delicious..think I wanna bake some for hubby when he's back..keke..Hubby.. Faster come back and you can have nice tasty foods oh! hehe..

Finally.. its the last night of my first mission! Hubby is coming back tomolo!!For the first time in my life, I had spent 14 nights all by myself inside the house..not room ok! Does it means that I'm braver now?? I dare to be alone at nights and for so many nights! Woah.. Mission impossible..wahaha

2 weeks had passed..all I can say is..always remember --> Do not take people or things for granted. Dun start missing them only when they are gone..It not every time that they will come back to you. Treasure what you are having now and make things even better together.

"Love the people around you as if there's no tomorrow"

No comments: